Saturday 23 June 2012

Piece Man!

Evening,hope you've all had a good day, we've been out shopping and I have to say I'm absolutely shattered!
 I started this card whilst I was waiting for the family to get ready earlier, I have to say that I really enjoyed the paper piecing and I'm definitely going to do this CAS style again.
The little cutie and the sentiment are from the set of stamps "Mary and friends" by Woodware, she really lends herself to paper piecing. I added a tiny bit of colour and a little shading and shadowing using Copics. The flower is slightly shaped and placed with a touch of pinflair gel under the petals. The flower centre is a mix of liquid pears, flock and glitter. I have a feeling that my camera may be about to bite the dust as the colours look a bit out and I noticed that when I took the photo the viewing screen kept changing colour. I do hope not! :(




I'm using my card for the following challenges:-
LIM73, Paper piecing,
CFC58, Pink,
2Sisters 97, Anything goes,
With Attitude 16, Anything goes,
Delightful Challenges, Anything goes.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend,
Thanks for stopping by,
Julie.x

23 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

This is just lovely Julie! I love your cute little person holding the flower - great paper piecing! Vicky x

Rebecca Deeprose said...

This is just so cute!! Super piecing!

GinaA said...

What a FAB little girl, your colouring is super and choice of papers spot on.
I do hope your camera recovers, mine is away having a service at the moment and I do miss it, I am having to scan everything I want to put on my blog. May have to resort to using the mobile phone!

The Little Stamper said...

What a lovely card. That image is perfect for paper piecing!

Sharon x

Unknown said...

Beautiful, so simple and pretty, Mary x

debby4000 said...

Beautiful cute card Julie and I love the cards you've made while I was away.
luv
Debby

Mandi said...

Super cute card and perfectly placed
Thanks so much
mandi
"Less is More"

Lisa Jane said...

oh its just fabulous .. i love that sweet little image
Lisa x

Marrigje said...

Super sweet card! I like the image, and coloured with paper piecing gives it something extra.

Marrigje

coops said...

gorgeous cas card julie.the image is really sweet :D

xx coops xx

Viv said...

Great card and such a sweet image too Julie, well done :) Viv xx

Unknown said...

This card is so sweet. That image is so darn cute. I think the photo looks fine. Wishing you a wonderful Sunday my friend..

Glittertastic said...

What a cutie - fab card

Sharon
x

Kathyk said...

It's simply adorable

Kathyk

Deanna said...

What a cutie love the image!

Darnell said...

Julie, she's as cute as a button! Great job on the piecing!

fatmonica said...

It's a gorgeous card!Thanks for sharing it with us at ATCs and Cards with Attitude.

Karen Dunbrook said...

how adorable...

Chrissie said...

Just wonderful!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Kimberly said...

What a sweet CAS card! I love the paper-pieced image! Thank you so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

M said...

Really sweet image, love the colours you've chosen. M x

Michele Gross said...

Just darling! I love your paper piecing :) Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Nancy in Iowa said...

One word. AAAWWWHHHHHH!