Wednesday 4 May 2011

Card Challenge 34

I know I say this every Wednesday but boy,the weeks fly past,I can't believe that it's already time for Scrapbook Sisters' card challenge. This week it's a recipe challenge,the no cook kind :D the recipe is to include:- Two ribbons,one flower and a brad.
My DT card was made using the Forever Friends Christmas stamp.I paper pieced the parcel,adding one of the required ribbons,decoupaging a second layer to the hands,I stamped the tag onto white card and hand wrote the recipients name on this. I doodled a frame around the white layer and used the Cricut and Plantins Schoolbook to cut the blue scallops. I punched a white flower,inking the edges then layering this with a cream Prima flower,using a felt brad in the centre. I then punched another white flower and stapled the second of the required ribbons in loops around it before gluing it to the first punched flower. The card was requested by my daughter to give to her friend who's favourite colour is blue,I really must try using blue more often,I found this a real struggle as it's my least favourite colour to craft with,maybe it was using it for a girls card.....Anyway,my daughter was pleased with it!

Hope you join us in the challenge this week,
Thanks for stopping by,
Julie.x

3 comments:

coops said...

gorgeous card julie.i love the fab fresh colours and the ff bear is adorable ;D

xx coops xx

Dorcas said...

Oh Julie! I love what you did with this present, wrapping it in the ribbon. What a fab idea! So cute!

Nancy in Iowa said...

I saw this over at Scrapbook Sisters and thought...that HAS to be Julies! And I was right!
Most excellent use of ribbons!
A recipe with no cooking? Just the way I like it!