Wednesday 16 March 2011

Scrapbook Sisters Week 27.

Can You believe that it's Wednesday already! Time for another Card Challenge and week 27 at Scrapbook Sisters has the theme Easter Flowers. Now,normally I'd go for my old faithful when it comes to Easter cards and use my lovely Tulip stamp,(if you take a look at last years card,excuse the photo,what a difference a year of blogging has made :)
This year though,I thought I'd have a go at using the beautiful digi by Gayle Bond,it is due to be released any day now and is available exclusively at Scrapbook Sisters. I coloured it using Copics and cut the cross out and used pop dots to mount the circle frame and then the image. I must admit it took me a while to decide on the layout of the card but once I decided to cut the cross out instead of leaving it as the rectangular shape I originally had planed,the rest fell in to place.

It would be lovely if you joined in with this weeks card challenge,there's also now a monthly Scrapbook Challenge that's started if you fancy giving it a go.
Thanks for stopping by today,
Julie.x

2 comments:

karenw said...

Gorgeous card Julie! Cutting out the cross certainly adds depth, just perfect.

Oh and you won my little blog candy for Trace's birthday hop. I think I can get your address from The Southern Girls data but if you want to confirm it drop me a line

kwray01(at)gmail(dot)com

xxx

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card my friend. Perfect for the season. I am also Luv'n the shape of this..
Hope you are having a nice week..

Hugs, Linda