Thursday 24 March 2011

Happy Birthday Mum!

I'm so glad that you've called by to witness a MAJOR achievement for me :) I know that for most of you lovely bloggers that this is a simple task but for me it is HUGE!!!!
I've cut the excess off from the edge of my photo using paint! lol,if anyone asks me how I did it I have absolutely no idea but I did it,even my son said "Well done mum,I'm really proud of you!"
I'm doing a major happy dance :) Maybe I can start posting scrapbook layouts more often.

(Please ignore the rectangle in the corner,just put your thumb over it as you read)
Anyway, it was my Mum's 83rd birthday today so I thought that in honour of the occasion that I'd do something different for a change and enter my very first Scrapbooking Challenge, I looked for a photo of just my mum but ended up with a lovely photo of my mum and dad when they were first "Courting".
I know that I'm on the card design team for Scrapbook Sisters but I'm not too talented when it comes to scrapbooking so I'm hoping that Karen and Julie will humour me and let me enter the New Monthly Scrapbook Challenge,the theme for the March challenge is "Framed". I used a selection of DP's from K&Co's Poppyseed 12x12 paper pack, used my Martha Stewart border punch to create a frame around my paper and dug out some Sizzix dies to create the flower and flourish embellie and Sizzix Sunset Alphabet for the title.

I think that the photo was taken at Margate's Dream Land though I'm not 100% sure,must check with mum before I add any journal ling to the rear of the layout.

So here goes,I'm entering this layout for the following challenges:-
Scrapbook Sisters,Framed,
Crafts and Me 27,Anything goes,
Anything Goes Challenge,Make your own embellishment,
Tuesday Throwdown 41,Anything but a card,
Make It Monday 29,Inspirational,
Sugar Creek Hollow,Anything goes.
Thanks for stopping by,
Julie.x

10 comments:

marsha said...

Beautiful layout and what a sweet photo - I'm sure this will be treasured! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Sugar Creek Hollow challenge and helping us to celebrate our first year anniversary.
Hugs,
Marsha
SCH-DT

Mina said...

well done you Julie way to go girl...wow that layout is lush for your stunning photo of your Mum and Dad what a gorgeous couple they make, its such a beautiful photo and you have certainly done it justice
Mina xxx

Tamara Morton said...

Wow your layout is absolutely stunning I love the colours you have used and that gorgeous swirl Thank you so much for sharing with us at Anything Goes
Hugs
TAmara

Sylvia Blum said...

This is sooooo beautiful, Julie!!! LOVE it!!!
Thanks for playing with us at Crafts and Me challenges this week. Hope to see you again next week :)
Sylvia xx

Di said...

How lovely - and a great photo of your Mum and Dad. I'm sure she will treasure it. Don't forget I have blog candy to celebrate one whole year of blogging (today) - open until next weekend. Di x

Michelle said...

Hi

Awww this is so special, what a wonderful photo.

Your Mum will adore this.

Thank you for sharing at Make It Monday this week.

Michelle :-)

Jeannie said...

Lovely layout Julie - pleased that you have entered the Scrapbook Sisters Challenge.(usually this is the other way round when I enter the Southern Girls Challenge!)

Nancy in Iowa said...

Such a lovely page and photo. I'm sure your mum will treasure it. Such a handsome couple!

Unknown said...

Julie, this is gorgeous!!! What a beautiful photo of your Mum and dad! Your LO is fantastic!! I think you should def do more of them!
Alicia xx

Lauren said...

WOW, what a gorgeous layout! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown! We hope to see you again next time!

Lauren