Saturday 15 January 2011

Forever Christmas?????

I loved using the Forever Friends Christmas stamps on my Christmas cards but no-one said a "Friend" is just for Christmas! thought I'd ink him up again and use him on a birthday card instead. I found a small best wishes stamp to stamp the tag with. I paper pieced the present, the My Minds Eye papers were free on a magazine months ago, now I see the photo on here,I think they look far too busy to have put together,still,I'm sure my friend will be pleased to receive it on her birthday. The flourishes were cut using a revolution die adding some self adhesive pearls to the dotted ends.
I'm using this card for the following Challenges:-
Meljens 41,Round or square card,
Stamp Something,Anything goes,
AIF64,Anything goes,
Stampin Bees 93,Use a die cut,
Oldie but Goodie 10,Bright and cheerful.
Now I need to share something with you,I've had around 170 blog visitors in the last 24 hours,that's bloomin good for me,I can tell you but there's a good reason for this,I had one of my cards on the Friday Followers Gallery at ikki's cuttlebug cupboard. If you have a Cuttlebug its an excellent blog to visit,you can find no end of useful hint's,tips and ideas for using your bug,well worth a visit.
I also need to thank Samara for the Stylish Blog award,I haven't forgotten about picking it up but I really need to think up some interesting facts about boring little old me:)
Thanks all for stopping by,enjoy your weekend,
Julie.x

13 comments:

Francesca said...

What a bright and cheerful card ,

Thanks for joining us at Oldie but a Goodie this fortnight and good luck!
Hugs
Francesca

Benzi said...

This is just an adorable birthday card. Love the image and the flourishes are great.
Thanks for joining the Stampin B's die cut challenge this week.
BTW, I love your banner header.

Stacey said...

This is just so gorgeous! I really love your shading, perfection ~♥~

Louise F NZ said...

Gorgeous card, love that you are doubling your stamp fun by using them for Birthdays. I am going to check what I can do with mine.

Meahni Pieterse said...

Hi Julie, I love your card, I really want to try paper piecing but just never get to do it :-( Cute image!

Annika said...

Paper piecing works really well on that huge present!! Beautiful papers they are too!!
Oh, and I LOVE your new blog look...whimsical-shabby-and-somehow-nautical!! CUTE
Hugs
Annika

Carol said...

Love your Blog bachground.And that teddy is just to cute,that bow finished of so well

Unknown said...

This is soooo stink'n cute.. I love the pink colors.. Hugs, Linda

*❀* said...

forever pretty...it's lovely!

we don't believe you are boring at all and can't wait for you you to share some little facts with us.

warmest hugs

millie

Dorcas said...

I really love this one Julie! The paper piecing is totally FAB!! Great card!

mfc.melissamade2 said...

OH, this is a really sweet card! I love your teddy and the paper piecing on the box is perfect!! Great colors too - thanks for joining us at Meljen's Design this week!
hugs,
M

Sprytebyrd said...

Great image for a birthday card! Love the papers you've used!
Thanks so much for playing along at Meljen's Designs this week!
Hugs!! Dee Sprytebyrd's Spot

Lawren said...

What a beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at AiFactory

Lawren - DT member