Wednesday 8 December 2010

Week 14 See's Snowflakes At Scrapbook Sisters!

Can you believe how the weeks fly by! well,not just weeks,the years too! It won't be long till Christmas is upon us. There's another card challenge at Scrapbook Sisters,this week's theme is "Snowflakes" and is just perfect for knocking off another Christmas card from the list.

Yes I know you've seen this paper before and I honestly do have other Christmas papers in my box but I really do love using this set of "Forever friends,Santa's On His Way" A5 papers,I've still loads of papers left in the paper pack but sadly this is the last piece of the blue with white snowflakes,this collection really has worked out as a good buy,so very usable.

I cut the snowflakes from some left over Photographic paper which I added stickles to. The brilliant Snowman with Attitude Digi is a New release by Gayle Bond available exclusively at Scrapbook Sisters,he is perfect for a quick card as he takes very little colouring. I used Copics to colour then added some spots of liquid glaze to his eyes and buttons. The greeting is from Woodware's Christmas Sentiments.

The image and snowy ground are in one piece but I shaped the snowman's body and used some foam pads to lift him from the background whilst gluing the ground flat to the card base.
Check out Gayle's fab images here along with some very unusual and arty digi stamps by Sally West that have just been released.
I need to say Happy 12th Birthday to my baby girl today, she has grown into a beautiful young lady and a lovely, considerate and kind daughter.
Thanks for stopping by,
Julie.x

6 comments:

Jeannie said...

Cute card Julie!

Sue U said...

Love the card, he looks great cut out and posed looking at that monster snowflake :-)

Happy birthday to your daughter! Sue xx

brenda said...

Stunning card Julie, sorry short post, still the eye issues !

B x

Anonymous said...

This is about the cutest Christmas card ever!! love everything about it.

Mina said...

I love that snowman with attitude Julie he made me smile, your shading is fabulous
Mina xxx

Julie said...

This is very cute, the snowman looks as if he's about to complain about something. (Probably the sun's come out lol)