Saturday 18 December 2010

Sweet Treat

I thought I'd share the little envelope bag that I made,just the right size to put a couple of chocolate lollies in to give to my boss' granddaughter.

I can't remember where I saw the idea of making an envelope into a gift bag but it is so very easy to do,just involves sealing an envelope,cutting off an edge and scoring around three sides an equal amount to give the depth of the bag. I also scored 2cm down from the trimmed edge to fold into the top and to reinforce the edge so that there is enough strength to thread the ribbon through. I decorated the front and back using Dovecraft papers,die cuts and Meljen's freebie image coloured using Copics.

I threaded bells onto the velvet ribbon before threading it through the punched holes.

I'm using this for the following challenges:-
Stampavie 121,Make a gift,
DDCC93,Winter,
Creative Card Crew,Anything goes,
Fussy and Fancy Friday,Show us some snow,
Hanna And Friends 75,Just a little Christmas,
CES17,Anything goes,
Paperplay 50,Anything but a card,
Meljens 38,Sweet as candy,
Allsorts 83,Anything goes.
Thanks for stopping by,
Julie.x

12 comments:

gayle said...

What a lovely idea Julie. The snowman is so cute,she will love it. Have a lovely Christmas x

brenda said...

Hi there

What a really super gift bags.

Thank you for joining in my 'Free and Easy'. theme this fortnight at Allsorts and good luck.

B x
Have you entered my candy

Sandy said...

Altogether tooooooo sweet! I never heard of making envies into bags like this, I'll totally have to try it out!
Thanks for joining us at MelJens this week! :)
Merry Christmas!!!

Nancy in Iowa said...

Love MelJens designs. The bag is adorable and personalized - what a great keepsake! Never heard of an envelope bag - may have to give this a go!

Fleur said...

A gorgeous selection of beautiful bags
Thanks for joining our challenge at ALLSORTS this fortnight, Good Luck
Hugz Fleur xXx

Anne H. said...

Such a lovely gift-bag!
An adorable image and beautiful colors.
Thanks for joining us this week at Stampavie and More.
Anne

Anita said...

Very cute gift bag. Thanks for joining us at MelJen's Designs Challenge this week.

CĂ©line said...

So cute!!! I really like the idea of the bells, that's something I'm going to remember! Thanks for joining us at DDCC!!!

Kiki said...

Wow, this is absolutely amazing! So many lovely details - great!

Thanks so much for sharing with us at Hanna & Friends.

Hugs, Kiki

Mandy said...

Julie your bag is absolutely gorgeous, so cute and such a fab idea.
Thanks for joining us at Paper Play for our "anything but a card" challenge
hugs Mandy xx

Emma said...

So gorgeous and adorable Julie.
Thanks for joining us at CES Challenges & good luck.
Hugs Emma x

Unknown said...

This is stunning. What a great project! Thanks for sharing your talent at Paper Play - "Anything but a Card". Best wishes for the new year!
Alicia xx