Tuesday 20 July 2010

Teacher's Gifts

We wandered around the shops,wondering what to get for thank you present for the teachers, twice around the shopping centre making suggestions to a disinterested little face,suggestions made by me,nose turned up by daughter.
"What do you want to get then?" I ask,
"What I really would like"she says,"Is if you could make some of those lovely note books that you made as party gifts for my friends".
So back round the shops we go,looking for suitable note pads to cover. I couldn't believe it,could have had 3 made in the time we'd wasted wandering around.



So here are 2 of the 6 that I made,I won't bore you with showing the others but thought I'd show you these in case you get stuck for an idea of a cheapy little gift. I just replaced and decorated the front cover of a writing pad,easy as that,one happy daughter and a fraction of the price that I expected to pay. Even found a couple of challenges that I can use them for. I'm going to use the first Notebook for them both:-

Crafty Pad Challenge 80 , Photo Inspiration
Paper Playtime Challenge 8,Flower Power,
Crafty Catz Challenge 41, Anything but a card.




I don't tend to use much in the way of peeloffs these days so thought I'd use up some on the second notebook. I added some white gel pen stitching and some dew drops as centres which I coloured using Copics.
Nothing outstanding,but a way to use up some of the scraps of papers that are mounting up in the drawer.
Thanks for stopping by,
Julie.x

12 comments:

Janis Lewis said...

These are so beautiful! So pretty. The teachers will love them! Thanks for playing in paper with us this week at Paper Playtime with our FLOWER POWER them! :) Janis

Sue U said...

These are just great and I'm sure your daughters teachers will be delighted to receive such unique and personal gifts Sue xx

Di said...

I love these Julie. especially the second one, so pretty and i'm all ears when it comes to ideas for getting rid of those peel offs. Di.x

gayle said...

What a great idea Julie. They are very pretty and useable. I'm sure they will love them. x

Unknown said...

These are wonderful.. I am a preschool teacher and I know I would love it! My favorite gift I get for my little ones is the little home made cards.. I just think its so personal...
They are going to love it!

Pop's Cards said...

Wow these are really great what a wonderfull idea, hugs Pops x

Lisa said...

These are adorable! I love that they look so fab, but would be so easy to recreate! This is a great gift idea! Thanks for joining us at Paper Playtime this week!

Debbie said...

Hi Julie fabulous idea my dear and certainly do fit the crafty pad challenge. :) :)

Thanks for playing alone with us at the crafty pad and good luck. :)

xxDebbie The Crafty Pad Stamp Designs

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Julie
Gorgeous notebooks,thankyou for joining us at CraftyCatz for this week's challenge,
Hugs Dianne xx

Pat said...

Great projects, super colours. Thanks for joining in the challenge at The Crafty Pad this week.

Pat xx

Quirkylane said...

they are beautiful! I'd be sad to use them up!!

Suzi Mac said...

What beautiful gifts these are, you've captured the colour combo perfectly. Thank you so much for joining us this week at The Crafty Pad with your lovely creation.
Hugs
Suzi x