Tuesday 15 June 2010

Deco Swap

On the Scrapbooksister's forum there is an ongoing Deco page swap,if you're unfamiliar with what this is it's where crafters make 6x6 decorative pages in the chosen theme of the person you are going to swap with. My chosen theme for instance is Nursery Rhymes. I've received some real beauties that people have created for me using my subject choice.Pages on Rhymes such as Mary Mary,Baa baa black sheep,Pussy cat pussy cat,Hey Diddle diddle and Incy Wincy Spider.
When I first joined the swap I was a bit addicted and did my swaps within a few days of taking them on but I'm ashamed to say that poor Sue who made the most beautiful spider in a web for me has been waiting absolutely ages for her return swap.



Sue's chosen theme is Poetry so I did her page on my most favourite poem by William Wordsworth. I hope you can tell which it is.




The bit that I'm the most pleased about is the fact that I managed all by myself to download,alter the script and size of print and then print the poem out without calling on one of my family to help me,an amazing achievement for me lol! I've used distress inks on this as I thought that with the fact It was written so long ago that it should look pretty old by now.



I've added this to the reverse of the page along with a little flap where I have written my details
and reason for my choice. I just hope that Sue is as pleased with her page as I was with the one that I received from her all those months ago. Why not give this a go,I'm sure there are people waiting to swap with you.
You can take a look at some of the other pages that people have made on Scrapbook Sisters' Gallery.
Thanks for stopping by,
Julie.x




6 comments:

Sue U said...

Ooooh, that is odd!! It's never done that to me before!! Lovely deco page, I am so behind, I'm kinda hoping everyone has forgotten I'm (supposed) to be in it, oops! The Gorjuss Girl is perfect for this poem Sue xx

vicky said...

What a lovely page Julie, I'm sure Sue will love it. It's made me realise that I must get back into doing them again as its been quite a while!! Think Ive got 2 outstanding to do. Hmmmm best get the thinking cap on now lol! xx

Unknown said...

This is a wonderful Page, She is going to love it!
Sounds like a fun Swap!

Hope you have a wonderful day!
Hugs, Linda

Mina said...

oh this is fabulous Julie, even before I read your post I would have know what it was meant to be...its stunning
Mina xxx

Jeannie said...

Lovely Julie - I hasve a page to do which I really must get on with!

karen said...

This is a great page Julie. Come on everyone. You know you want to play too:)