Monday 31 May 2010

Birthday Box

Thought I'd share with you today the gift box that I made for a party my youngest is going to. It isn't for a close friend of hers so we really didn't know what to get for the birthday girl so the box holds a little birthday kit :- a disposable camera a small birthday photo album and a box of Maltesers.

I should have photographed the inside of the box,I'm really not sure why I didn't think of it.

The box lid and base were each made from a piece of A4 card,I then used another piece of A4 cut into strips around the inside of the box to give it more height and for the lid to sit onto.

Before assembling the lid I did something I will never ever do again, I abused my Martha Stewart punch by using it around the edges of the card. It does look pretty stunning but I could hear her grown with every cut! The flourishes were cut from the same paper as the edge strip using a large sizzix die,I then shaped it using the edge of a scoring bone. The flower was made in the same way as on this post.
I am using the box for the following challenges:-
One Stop Craft Challenge 82. Swirls and pearls, Swirly flourishes and pearl flower centre.
Paper Garden Projects, Fourth Friday,Fun Challenge, Something girlie.
I really enjoyed making this project,couldn't do it without my faithful old Fiskars cutter/scorer.
Hope everyone has had a good Bank Holiday,thanks for stopping by,
Julie.x

6 comments:

Sue U said...

LOL, Be grateful it was a MS punch - my Fiskars one has pretty much given up after punching through cardstock - the MS ones do seem more able to cope!! Great project though - looks fantastic and really inventive gift idea - loving those flowers too

Sue xx

Francesca said...

What a Great box, I love the wonderful flower and colours.
thanks for joining us at one stop craft challenge and good luck!
Hugs
Francesca

Cathy at Paper Garden Projects said...

Just beautiful - and what a clever gift idea! I gotta say - I love the punched lid edges :)
Thanks for playing the Paper Garden Projects girly challenge.

Lindsey said...

Gorgeous! Love how you have done the flower. Thanks for joining us at OSCC this week xx

Lisa Andrews said...

Great box!! I love the way you used the theme. And what a great idea for the gift. What girl wouldn't love that. Thanks for joining us at OSCC

Lisa

pickle said...

oh wow that is fab hun..love the flower
kerry x