Wednesday 31 March 2010

Retiring

A lovely family friend of ours is retiring tomorrow,it's always difficult working out what to do for a man's card and I just couldn't find a stamp that I felt suited him (might have if I'd thought about it a bit sooner)

This is what I came up with. I used the lovely My Minds Eye, Quite Contrary papers again. The dog die cut was cut in white cardstock using a quickutz die, I coloured and shaded him using my Copic Ciao pens. The stamped image is again "Autumn Max" by Pink gem designs but I have played around with it cutting a hat for him out of felt and adding detail with Copics and replacing his conker with a hiking stick (a cocktail stick coloured brown) The ball was a flat backed
pearl which I coloured again using a red copic. The garland was made using a quickutz diamond die, cutting enough out in different shades of paper to stamp with the greeting. I folded the diamonds in half and glued them over a length of craft wire. I shaped this to fit the card and attached it around the paper before securing it to the card blank.
I think this card should suit my chicken keeping,dog walking friend! lol Thought I'd enter it for the Papertake weekly challenge which has an open theme this week and Crafty Creations open challenge this week and the Allsorts Challenge where you have to recycle something as I have "altered" my cocktail stick.
Thanks for stopping by today,
Happy crafting,
Julie x

8 comments:

gayle said...

What a great card Julie. Very clever. He will love it.

Julie Wilson said...

Great to see you "altering" things. This is a lovely card.

Rose said...

this is awesome!! he is sure to love it :) thanks for joining us on crafty creations this week

Mummylade said...

it's a perfect card for the occasion. Thank you for joining the Allsorts challenge this week and good luck. A friendly advice is to remove word verification to make commenting easier.

Janet said...

This is fab and very inventive! xx

Jennifer said...

Hello. Just wanted to thank you for the Cograts regarding Pink Gem. Your cards are lovely and you have yourself another follower xx Jenny xx http://myinkyhands-jennifer.blogspot.com/

Pop's Cards said...

This is fab i love it great choice of card...

I put the sukura on a bit of paper the gel pen then i add water to it, it gives it all a sparkle and hey presto i call it flittered lol..

Happy Easter hugs Pops x x x

Jeannie said...

Great job Julie - it's lovely!