Sunday 14 February 2010

Today's card is made using the "Celebration Cupcakes" paper again but this time I used a square "Cuttlebug stamp" punch to cut out the individual cakes. I mounted them onto some of the green from the Celebration papers from last weeks class,added drawn stitching and mounted them onto the most scrummy "Bo Bunny buttercup dot" paper which has a lovely shade of yellow on it's reverse.I used a light brown chalk eye around the edges of the paper,wrapped the green check ribbon around the card then mounted onto my card blank.This time I cut my A4 card in half lengthwise to make the card blank. I folded it in half so that the fold was at the top of the finished design.


I stamped the bear with my magazine freebie,coloured him using copic markers and added a greeting to his crown.I used my craft knife to cut a slit along the bears hand and slipped a cupcake cut from the paper behind it. I shaped the bear and mounted him onto the card using 3d pads.The flower was punched using the small funky flower from coordinating paper and topped with a button.Glaze was added to the heart and cherries to give dimension.
Hope you like today's card,
Happy Valentine's Day,
Julie x

3 comments:

karen said...

Lovely card Julie x x

gayle said...

Very sweet card Julie. I will have to take Julie up on her offer to set me up my own blog as well - when she has 5mins.

vicky said...

I love the card today Julie, the little forever friends bear is just so very cute, must dig mine out!! xx