Monday 15 February 2010

Sketch Saturday

I know that it is Monday and not Saturday but I thought that I'd have a go at following a sketch.Have followed scrapbook sketches in class but have never used sketches in my card making before.I followed "Sketch Saturday's" example, It was so easy to do and I'm rather pleased with the result.

Inspired by the lovely card made by Karen on Scrapbook Sisters blog yesterday,I decided to use fresh citrus shades. The papers are "Bo Bunny mint dot and buttercup dot".The cute little image and text are from a set by Woodware that I bought last year.I am really pleased with the results I got using my lovely Copics,especially the little pussy cat,I'm beginning to get the hang of shading with them now. I couldn't work out what to use as the centre for the flower but I had a little experiment and discovered that if you use two shades of copics on the petals and then use the colorless blender in the centre of the flower and again on the edges of the petals that the colours bleed together giving a tye dye effect,I then rolled the flower up and pushed it through the centre of another bloom,I think it looks a bit like a mini daffodil I will try and enter my attempt but am not very hot on this computer lark.
Hope you like my first attempt.
Thanks for stopping by,
Julie x

5 comments:

Julie said...

No,can't work out how to enter my card so it's strictly for your eyes only lol! x

vicky said...

and beautiful it is too Julie, shame you cant work it out you need more lessons lol!! xxx

Jo said...

This is a beautiful card, and such a lovely sentiment too :)
Thank you for taking part, to be eligible for the prize draw you need to add a direct link on SS.
I will email you now with details of what to do :)

Jo xx

Julie said...

With help from the lovely Jo I now think that I've managed to enter my card.Thanks Jo! x

karen said...

Another beautiful card Julie I love these stamps xx