Friday 26 February 2010

Another little challenge

Found another nice sketch to follow for today's card,this one is the Friday Sketch Challenge.I'm really not sure who the paper is by but it was one of those that I just couldn't resist buying,have had it for a while but have never got around to using anything other than a thin strip which must have resulted in me removing it's name :(

Apart from the bright green of the cardstock all the paper was cut from the one double sided sheet,I love the trees and the paper that I haven't used here was in lovely strips of ribbons and leaves.Someone out there is bound to know who it's by! Even the lovely butterfly is cut from the same sheet.Have used my lovely Gorguss girl which I coloured using the copics and have borrowed a little idea that I saw the very talented Gayle use on one of her cards at the weekend of trimming the petals from prima flowers and using them in sections. Anyone who hasn't heard of Gayle Bond,you really must check her out at Scrapbook Sisters, she has even designed her own range of stamps. Well that's another card I can tick off my list for March, still more than a few to go!
Thanks for stopping by,
have a great weekend,
Julie x

6 comments:

gayle said...

Love the colours of this card Julie and beautifully coloured. x

Julie said...

I picked up a few tips from the master herself,x

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card Julie. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Hugs Michele x

vicky said...

beautiful, love this one xx

Stampin'Piper said...

Beautiful card! Wonderful colours!

Thanks for joining the Friday Sketchers!

Hugs Tanja

karen said...

Lovely idea using the flower head as a seat for the Gorguss Girl. Love this one:)